Order Flowers now for guaranteed delivery before Lorraine's visitation.
Lorraine Marie was born July 25, 1938, to Aristide and Cordelia (Gendreau) Beauchamp. She was born and raised on the family farm in Olga, ND. She was the last of eleven children and forever known as the baby. She graduated from Walhalla, ND high school in 1958.
Lorraine was a special woman who had a heart of gold. Her greatest joys came in giving of herself to help others. It was her reason for living.
Lorraine’s Top 11 List
1. The one great love of her life, her husband of 58 years, Orlo Mostad, who she married November 28, 1961.
2. Her two beloved daughters, Brenda and Jennifer, who she loved unconditionally.
3. The two greatest joys of her life, her granddaughters, Cora and Ariana Strickler. She would text them daily ensuring they knew they were loved and that Grandma and Grandpa were thinking of them.
4. Lorraine was a master bread maker. Her favorite part was sharing it with others. If you’ve tasted Lorraine’s bread, you’ve tasted love.
5. She enjoyed Doritos for breakfast. Better yet, she enjoyed sharing them with her granddaughters snuggled in beside her.
6. Lorraine loved going for walks. She was an endless source of energy and would walk every morning, most recently with her lifelong friend, Shirley Thom.
7. She loved talking to anyone in her path — people she knew and people she didn’t. It didn’t matter. Lorraine was a talker.
8. Lorraine was a nurturer of all things, from people to pets to plants. She was an epic gardener who grew tomato plants like no other, often turning a shade of crimson in the fall from her own over consumption.
9. She was a devout Catholic who never missed mass, because you never know what might happen if you did, and she wasn’t going to take chances.
10. Lorraine loved to crochet. She made the most beautiful afghans that continue to wrap her family in love.
11. Lorraine defined strength and bravery. She would care for loved ones without flinching, blow snow, mow lawns, chop wood, milk cows, clean barns, drive motorcycles, three-wheelers, and snowmobiles, all with the strength of six men and the grace of a lady.
Lorraine was, and will forever remain a special woman with a heart of gold. She touched the lives of many. She was a strong, brave and kind role model for her children and grandchildren.
She is survived by her husband, Orlo, daughters Brenda Erickson (Charles Marlen), Jennifer (Bryan) Strickler, granddaughters Cora and Ariana Strickler, brothers Remi (Betty) Beauchamp and Edmund (Ruth) Beauchamp; and many in-laws, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Preceding her in death were her parents; sisters and brothers-in-law: Jeanette and Orphela Lepire, Doris and Oscar Marcelin, Marcella and Barry Belanus; and brothers and sisters-in-law: Omer Beauchamp, Harvey Beauchamp, Richard and Rita Beauchamp, Hector and Charlotte Beauchamp, and Rolland Beauchamp.
Lorraine M. Mostad, 81, Cavalier, ND peacefully joined God in Heaven on Friday, February 7, 2020.
Funeral Mass will be held on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. at the St. Brigid of Ireland Catholic Church. Visitation will be held Tuesday, February 11th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. There will also be a rosary service at 6:30 p.m. and a prayer service at 7:00 p.m. all at the church.
Orlo and girls, I am sorry to hear about Lorraine She was an energetic loving lady. We got to know her while you lived in Herman. Lorraine helped my family whenever we needed her. She was loved by many there. God Bless her and all of you.
Sharon Vipond Feb 17 2020 12:00 AM
Orlo and family,
We are very sorry to hear about Lorraine and will miss her. She was a very good neighbor to Annie and we always enjoyed visiting with her no matter where it was whether in the store or on the street. Cherish the memories and she will always remain in your hearts.
Kermit and Ruth Rollefstad Feb 13 2020 12:00 AM
Lorraine's Family, May the stories shared bring comfort and strength to all of you. Lorriane always had a conversation to start wherever you ran into her. I always remember seeing her and Shirley walking down the bike path faithfully. Our deepest sympathy to all of you, Don & Michelle (Hardy) Murray
Michelle Murray Feb 10 2020 12:00 AM
I just read Lorraine"s obituary. It is wrote with deep love and respect for a woman that was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, doughtier, sister and family to so many. Rest Well"Dear Sister."
My deepest sympathy to all.
Lorraine Beauchamp Feb 10 2020 12:00 AM
'We want to extend our sincere sympathy to you Orlo and your family. We were so sad to read of Lorraine's passing.
We will miss our visits with her before church and her participation at St. Brigid's.
Mary Lou and Jim Sott Feb 10 2020 12:00 AM
I met Lorraine at the bus stop Patiently waiting for Cora and Ari to get off the bus. Sweetest lady ever! so social, and just really seemed to love to chat! I Later found out from my daughter Kendall, that while spending time with Lorraine and the girls that she was an amazing cook, and Kendall especially loved her caramel rolls, and told me I must get the recipe. She also mentioned it would be very hard to make them as good as Lorraines! She was right!
KristinWilliams25@gmail.com Feb 10 2020 12:00 AM
It was always fun to run into Lorraine around Cavalier. She always asked about our family and gave us the news on hers. Had a good sense of humor and smiled easily. I remember the day Yvonne took this picture of her in the park. She even made a joke of why they were having the pictures taken. Coffee and visiting after and pictures of the grandchildren. She was so proud of her family. Was a fun day with her and Orlo. She will be missed. Sending our love and sympathy. Jerry & Carol
Jerry & Carol Greenwood Feb 9 2020 12:00 AM
Lorraine was my mothers neighbor and good friend. She was always thoughtful and kind.
Loretta Rollefstad Omlid Feb 9 2020 12:00 AM
Lorraine was a special lady alway friendly when we met up usually in the grocery store. Miss her laugh and smile.. RIP my friend
Carol Ault Feb 8 2020 12:00 AM
Lorraine was always a joy to see in the grocery store, loved to visit with her!! She always found a way to make me laugh!!! RIP
Judy Johnson Feb 8 2020 12:00 AM